The first time you use the candle, I would recommend that you leave it to burn for 2 or 3 hours straight, until all the wax has liquefied on the surface. This is vital to ensuring that your candle burns evenly in future.
Make sure you recentre the wick in the wax after each use. This will allow the wax to burn evenly, as well as preventing the wick from getting too close to the glass and potentially overheating it.
You should also cut the wick regularly to a length of 3-5mm. This will allow the candle to burn for longer and prevent the wick from emitting smoke or turning black and falling into the liquid wax.
Finally, never leave the candle unattended when lit or allow it to burn for more than 3 hours at a time.
Last but not least, the diptyque candle glass is durable and reusable. Once the wax has burnt out, the glass can be reused to bring character to a work space, make a stylish bathroom tidy or brighten up a living room.
We recommend this quick and easy method for removing the wax residue from the glass:
- Wait for the burnt candle to cool, then put it in the freezer overnight.
- The next day, take the candle out of the freezer and leave it at room temperature for an hour. Turn the glass upside-down and tap the bottom with the palm of your hand to remove the shrunken wax oval, using the handle of a spoon to lever it out if necessary.
- Remove the metal base that holds the wick with pliers if it is still stuck to the bottom of the glass.
- Finish by wiping the inside of your glass with a damp, soapy cloth.
If you do not want to reuse your glass jars, offer them a new life by putting them in dedicated sorting bins and containers.